The purpose of the Board of Education meeting is to conduct official Board business. The opportunity for people to address the Board of Education is a privilege that Boards of Education need not grant. This Board of Education has been interested in receiving information from the community. However, in order to provide time for the Board to carry on regular Board business, it becomes necessary to establish certain rules to be followed by those persons wishing to address the Board during Delegations and Communications.
Procedure for Delegations and Communications
- Persons addressing the Board should state his / her full name and address.
- The number of delegates speaking on a particular topic should be limited to one whenever possible.
- Persons addressing the Board should limit his / her remarks to three minutes unless the presentation is of an unusual nature.
- Questions pertaining to the school operation should be directed to the administration at a time other than during Delegations and Communications.
- Persons addressing the Board should not engage in remarks that could be interpreted as libelous or inflammatory to a particular individual.
- The Board of Education will attempt to complete the item of Delegation and Communications within thirty minutes.
Adopted by the Washington Local Board of Education – July 8, 1976